Finally, King Rouge/Rouge Hegemon/Yan Zi Ba Wang (胭脂霸王)



I went to Ambassador Mall yesterday with the sole intention to look for Meteor Garden and Down with Love DVDs for my friends. In case you’re wondering why I look for those drama I could only say that we happen to love Jerry Yan.

The problem is those dramas are kind of old so they are no longer available on the counter. I had to make few turns before I finally found stalls that still have them. I found one copy of Meteor Garden at the ground floor and one copy of Down with Love at the first floor. 

It wasn’t until I found them that I realized I had another problem. Subtitles. The Meteor Garden DVDs don’t have English sub but if you turn off the sub, the English sub will appear. However, that’s not the case with Down with Love which only has Chinese and Indonesian subs.

I need DVDs with English sub for my friends. One of the sellers told me that she will try to find out whether those DVDs are available and I need to return next Thursday. I don’t mind. I was so happy that day.


In the middle of my searching for Meteor Garden and Down with Love I accidentally found King Rouge DVDs. I’ve been searching for that drama for over a year without success. Every time I asked for King Rouge all I got were blank stares or sentences like ‘What?’, ‘Huh?’ until I finally gave up.

I never thought that I would be able to find King Rouge here or anywhere else for that matter. Therefore, imagine my surprise when I looked at the DVDs in my hand. I stared and stared some more not believing my own eyes. But the face of my man was right there on its cover.


For you who don’t know, I’m in love with Jo Hyun Jae (조현). He is the only reason why I’m looking for King Rouge. He is the reason why I want to watch this drama that doesn’t seem to be known by other people.

And praise be to God I’m finally able to watch it. The only thing that I have to do now is to find the time to enjoy this unexpected gift. 

 ps.
I might share my thoughts on King Rouge later on depending on how much I like it.

Comments