It Grows on You

How similar are you with your best friends? Stupid question I know. So, I’m not going to talk about similarities which go without question. What matters is how different are you with your buddies.

Don’t expect me to give wise advice or anything close to enlightening regarding how to improve your friendship despite your differences, because I’m already resigned to my fate. You could not change other people no matter how much you want it. You either love them the way they are or you don’t.

Compare to most of my Indonesian compatriots, I could say that I’m a relatively punctual person. But compare to my best friends I’m definitely a timer. When I say we meet at 8 a.m. I really mean 8 a.m. With 2 or 3 minutes grace period due to differences in our watches.

When I say 8 a.m., I don’t mean for them to start leaving their homes at 8 a.m. But somehow that’s how they translate it. In case you’re reading this blog, yes, I’m talking about you guys…

I used to get so frustrated and riled because of your unpunctuality. But somehow after all these years, the knowledge that you will definitely be late regardless how fervently you promise to be on time starts to amuse me.

Whenever you’re late, I no longer feel like screaming, I might still deliver a small comment about the time, but just on the principle.

If you happen to read this, don’t use it as an excuse to give yourselves an extra time!

Comments