Travel Weary

Do I like traveling? Sure I do – as long as the itinerary includes good accommodation meaning clean bed and bath rooms and culinary ventures. The problem is I’m not a good traveler. I got sea sick, car sick, train sick, and air sick. As if those are not enough, I’m afraid of height and have a small case of claustrophobia.

Perhaps I wasn’t meant for this era wherein we have to constantly put our faith in aircrafts, elevators and sky scrapers, but neither could I imagine myself living in the dark ages with its limited conveniences.

I think I deserved few pats in the back for traveling to Makassar and Kendari in two weeks especially with the kind of weather we’re having at the moment. Not to mention the fact that I was also under the weather right before the trip to Makassar, and I had a small misgiving when I got Kendari’s flight schedule, which was proven to be correct. The flight was delayed for few hours.

The only consolation was that I got wonderful companions that made time flew.

Comments