Star Struck

I have a tendency to liking practically almost everybody, which to my consternation has become a sort of private joke for some close friends – honestly, what’s wrong with seeing the best in other people and overlooking their petty jabs and snide remarks? And I do have one or two people who I can’t stand either.

Anyway, I’m digressing. Although I like most of those people I know, even some who can’t be tolerated by my close friends, I’m not easily impressed. It takes a lot to impress me. So, I’m rather ashamed to admit that I found my self to be enamored, enchanted and charmed by the first couple of the United States.

Whenever I watch the news about G 20, I’m more interested in catching the glimpses of the winsome smiles of the President, or hearing his rather piquant diction, or seeing his engaging attitudes rather than what important decisions have been reached. I’m also interested in seeing how the First Lady interacts with other people around her.

I don’t see Barrack Obama as a President – for I definitely have no affection for politicians, but rather as someone fascinating, entrancing and worth to be looked at and watched for.

These are probably common symptoms often experienced by one who idolizes his idols. The problem is I don’t idolized people. Despite the fact that I like almost everyone, my liking rarely ever accompanied by high regards nor admiration for their characters and personalities. It has more to do with the fact that I’m not easily bothered or offended by what other people say or do.

So why do I have these strange reactions to Obama and his lady? I think the only explanation is I’m definitely star-struck!

Comments