Review: Qing Luo

 

It’s been so long since I write a review on this blog. Yes, I’m extremely busy, but it doesn’t mean I didn’t watch any Korean drama or Chinese drama at all. I just didn’t have enough spare time to write about them.

Or to be precise, none of them excite me enough to write about them. I only watch a few dramas for a few episodes before dropping them all together. Until Qing Luo.

At this very moment, I’m still watching this drama, and still at the very beginning (episode 4). But, those 4 episodes were enough to make me fall head over heel in love with it.

However, what surprises me the most and what makes me incredibly happy is the fact that I’m falling in love with its male lead Ye Xiudu (Liu Xue Yi). It’s been ages since I find any man to be so pleasing to the eyes. 

This is the first time I watch Liu Xue Yi on screen, so I don’t know his real look with modern clothing. Nevertheless, in this particular drama, with those ancient costumes of Ye Xiudu’s, he looks heavenly.

As I watch him on screen with or without his cloth on, I couldn’t believe there is a man who looks so perfect. Every part of him is perfection. I don’t mind watching this drama for thousands episodes just for the chance to look at him.

For you who are immune to pretty face and more concern about the substance, I think you will find this drama to be quite entertaining and unique.

The female lead Yu Qing Luo is fun to watch. Unlike other Chinese drama female leads who are virgin, Qing Luo already has a 6 years old son. 

The reaction of her suitors when they heard her very naughty son call her Muqin (Mother) for the first time is priceless.

I love how the male lead falls for Qing Luo the moment he saw her face, and directly kissed her (with the pretext to silence her of course). And I love how Nan Nan (Qing Luo’s unruly son, who is determined to ruin any men who have designs on his mother) falls for the male lead the moment they met.

Qing Luo is a precious gem I accidentally found. Although I haven’t finished watching it, based on my years of watching dramas it will not disappoint. I highly recommend this drama for those who want historical drama with a happy ending.

Although to be honest, I’m a little bit scared because the male lead is a Prince. And we know how historical drama is. For those with royal blood, particularly if they become Emperor, they will be pushed by everyone else to marry for political reason, or worse to take other women as their concubines.

Seeing how much the male lead loves Qing Luo, I hope this drama will be the one that will give us a satisfactory happy ending. At this moment this drama and its male lead have already send me to cloud nine. Looking forward to more episodes of happiness.

Comments