Friends

These last few weeks had been rather crazy. I functioned basically on automatic mode thus missing many details which had not directly related to my work. It had all been work, work and work. But last week things had finally come to its normal pace – I’m still loaded, but at least I have a breathing room, time to start to take notice of my surroundings and catching up with friends.

I don’t know what I would do if I don’t have them. They are there whenever I’m ready to have them back in my life and would hold no grudge if I cut them off because of my tight schedules. They are the ones to talk to about things I couldn’t discuss with others.

We aren’t always on the same page, but it’s good to be able to share our true feelings and point of views with someone else. The gang and I have a rather big difference when the topic of discussion is our love lives. Or rather its non existence . And the marriage of course. Close as we are we aren’t able to reconcile our views.

I don’t think I would be able to talk about the same topic with the same ease and honesty with someone else outside the gang. But life is full of surprises. Last weekend, the topic came out when I was chatting with a friend. Although we haven’t seen each other in person for years somehow we’ve managed to keep in touch, even during the time when I lived overseas. Despite the fact that I told him pieces of my life abroad while I was experiencing it, our conversation still come as a surprise to me. Honestly, I never imagine I would ever discuss it with him, let alone so candidly.

Hope you don’t mind I kind of airing it to the world darling. But I’m so glad we talked, so pleased to hear your views that I couldn’t contain it myself. I feel like gathering the gang and gleefully tell them, see it’s not just me! Thanks to you now I have something to kind of fend off their persuasions to do things which are against my better judgment. Like it or not from now on I would consider you as part of the gang, the one who stands in my corner…

Comments